Presumptive Eligibility is available to hospitals and their affiliated facilities that participate with Medicaid in Montana. Personnel from these facilities must be trained and certified to make Presumptive Eligibility determinations for short-term, temporary coverage for the following coverage groups:
- Healthy Montana Kids Plus;
- Healthy Montana Kids;
- Parent/Caretaker Relative Medicaid;
- Pregnant Women (ambulatory prenatal care);
- Adults between the ages of 18 and 26 who were in Foster Care and receiving Medicaid at age 18; and
- Women between the ages of 19 and 64 who have been screened and diagnosed with Breast or Cervical Cancer.
For more information about training or certification, please contact Deb Kiel. To verify eligibility, contact Deb Kiel or Justine Welker.